Sunday, March 3, 2013

3 March 2013 - Pastor Lim Lian Neo

Two songs sang during praise and worship today.

1. You Never Let Go by Matt Redman
 
 

2. I Surrender by New Creation Church

Lyrics:
You love me as I am
Chose me even when You knew
I was tainted by sin
Compassion so divine
Flowed from deep within Your heart
Mercy opened my eyes

To a love so strong, so deep, so wide
It embraced my soul but demanded Your life

I surrender, surrender my heart
to the greatness of Your love
I surrender, surrender my heart
To the fullness of Your grace

Now holy hands I raise
My sins have been erased
I stand justified by Your grace
Accepted as Your own
An heir to heaven’s throne
In awe, I am yielded and still

For a love so strong, so deep, so wide
saw through my disgrace and has set me on high

I surrender, surrender my heart
to the greatness of Your love
I surrender, surrender my heart
To the fullness of Your grace

======================================================

Topic: To Be Set Apart From The World

Pastor Henry led the holy communion today. He highlighted that today is 3rd March. Jesus died young at the age of 33 so that you can live long to 120. If that is not enough, add grace grace "55" and it amounts to 175. That is how long Abraham lived till. And if that is not enough, add another grace"5" and it amounts to 180. That was how long Isaac lived on earth and his secret to long life is through laughing his problems away.

Today Pastor Prince is away for a trip to Israel with his pastors to embark on places where David walked before.

John 17:14-17
Verse 16: Talks about not being worldly.
Verse 17: Shows us the key for our children to be champions. We sanctify them with God's truth.

How does God shows His holiness to us?
Exodus 15:11
Verse 11: "Fearful in praises" does not mean to be fearful of God. We are fearful and tremble to see God's wonders.

Whatever and where ever you are, you are special and uncommon. We are not worldly and set apart from the world.

Pastor Lian shares a testimony of how a little boy who was labelled "slow" by his teachers. His parents enrolled him for taekwondo hoping that it would instil in him a spirit of discipline. He excelled in the sport and was recommended to participate in the national competition. As a mother, she hoped for her son to come out first as she witnessed that the rest of the opponents weren't as good. Though she was a little disappointed that her son came out third in the competition, his son told his mum "It's ok, thank God for the bronze medal".
Pastor Lian points out that this is our children, set apart from the world, uncommon and we are the envy of others because of Jesus.

Acts 20:32
Verse 32: The word of God that gives us His inheritance is through God's grace.

Psalm 5:12
Verse 12: We are uncommon because we are set apart by the grace of God.

In closing,
2 Kings 4:25-27
We all know this story in the bible very well but may miss out what the Lord is telling us. In essence, the Lord is saying to us that if our soul is in distress today, we can speak to ourselves and say what we want to see, not say what we see. If you are in any problematic situation, you can still say "It is well".

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lyrics bro! Now I can sing that in the shower!! haha
    My fav NCC song of the mo'.

    ReplyDelete